Thursday, June 10, 2010

Saturday

Saturday morning started off on the treadmill, it felt great!  At 8:30 am Judd had been on the treadmill, I was currently on it & he was mowing the front lawn with all the kids running around playing.  I'm sure the neighbors loved us, especially the ones who are kid-less.  We hold a special place in their hearts, I know!

We were having a new patio poured that day, stamped concrete.  The concrete guys were supposed to be here at 9 am, they strolled in around 10 am.  Here's a look at what will eventually & hopefully be a nice patio.

You'll have to use your imagination & combine all of those pictures in your brain.

After the treadmill I decided to tackle the garden boxes.  They were going to get moved eventually & I was already sweaty, perfect opportunity.  It was much easier to move them than I thought.  The difficult job will be leveling them in their new location & of course I need to move my four "graves" of dirt.

I didn't think much of my dirt piles being a mystery, but one of the concrete guys seemed a little worried.  He would occasionally take a break and walk over by them & just look at them.  Penny for your thoughts?!  I should have explained them, but he should have put 2 & 2 together.

Their new location

The kids were very interested in the concrete guys.

They sat....

They stood....

They even fought over who got the "good" seat for lunch.  I do have to say it was pretty entertaining.  I'm sure the guys felt like monkeys in a zoo. 

The afternoon involved running a few errands & a little down time.

That night the girls had a dance recital.  I have to say I'm so glad the running back & forth from dance is over.....until fall.  And I'm also so proud of the girls!  They did a wonderful job & are becoming very good little dancers.

They each did 3 songs (If my memory serves me right).  Their costumes were very fun!

 
I realize this is not a good picture but you are still able to clearly see the HUGE headband Savannah wore.  I couldn't stop snickering!  Each of the 8 or so girls were wearing one, in all different colors.  She looked like the Tropicana girl, only with flowers not fruit!

Again not a great quality picture.  This was Haley's western outfit for the "Hoe down, throw down".

We got home about 8:30 & Judd wanted to wash his car.  The girls wanted to help.  Well, they wanted to stay up, so they said they would help.

Eventually all this teamwork turned into...

And

2 comments:

The Hymas Clan said...

What a busy Saturday!!! Good job working out first thing! I love the pic's of the kids watching the guys work on the patio! Too cute!

Jill said...

What a fulfilling Saturday! If only they all could be like that! Well maybe not!! Can't wait to see the patio!