Monday, June 21, 2010

Crazy little lady night!

I think I've mentioned before how huge our Activity Day group is in our ward.  It's BIG.  And how great would it be for these girls to have opportunities to really know & love each other.  It would be great, awesome, fantastic!  As these girls get older (not far down the road) they're going to need friends & as a mom I really want them to pick good friends.  I just think it's really, really great that we have this huge bunch of wonderful young ladies.  Ok, I'm now off my soap box. 

Last year we invited these girls over after school was out.  It was kind of a school is out let's party, party.  This year Haley & Savannah wanted to do a movie night.  Great.  They made the invitations all by themselves.  Savannah designed & decorated the cover & Haley wrote all the information inside.  It was such a great teamwork opportunity, they had 12+ to make. 

They picked the movie Princess Diaries & wanted popcorn, licorice, starburts & peanut M&M's.  I really did nothing besides pop 10 bags of popcorn & limit sugar intake....which I don't think I did very well.  So the girls came at 7 pm with their pillows, blankets & PJ's. 

Here's the crazy bunch of 12 that came (yes there's more)

 Here they are comfy in their spots, ready for treats & a movie

After the movie we played "Guess what I am!".  This is a favorite game of ours & I think it was a big hit.  The girls had so much fun with it....at least that's what it sounded like!
Thank you ladies, what a fun night we had!

2 comments:

The Hymas Clan said...

How fun!!! Good job doing that Kara! I agree, it's important for these girls to become good friends! What a fun, fun party!

Jill said...

Fun stuff! Wish we were there! sniff sniff! Looks like they all had a good time!