Our Father's Day celebrations started on Saturday. We had a BBQ at Ryan & Danielle's house. I took my camera & took no pictures. I got caught up in the fun & forgot. I hate it when I do that! In attendance were: Danielle & her family (obviously, they live there), Mom & Dad, Ken & Lori, Melissa, Michael & Aidan, Randy, Jordan , Me & my Crew & my Grandpa. We were also celebrating my Grandpa's birthday. So we BBQ'd burgers, ate too much food & had a great time! Thanks for hosting Dano!
Sunday morning the kids & I made Judd sausage, hash browns & pancakes with fresh raspberries, strawberries & blueberries. We topped it off with whipped cream. This is the first time I have EVER put whipped cream on top of any breakfast item. After taking a few bites Matthew declared that he loves Happy Father's Day! We may have to do this again, soon. We served it with chocolate milk, Judd's favorite.
The kids then wanted Judd to open his presents, notice how sleepy he looks (he, he, he)
He got the Larry H. Miller book
A bronze statue of the bull.
When I found this I was so excited! It reminded me of our trip to NY. Judd wanted a pic with the bull down on Wall Street but never got one & it goes so well with his occupation. It was perfect. I'm glad he agreed. He's excited to put it in the new office.
And a watch winder for all those self winding watches
This was a card Savannah made at school. It was so cute. #8 had Judd & I confused/concerned. It says " I love my Dad because he makes me laugh by pretending to throw me away or pretend to put me in the oven." We don't ever recall Judd trying to throw her in the garbage or put her in the oven. But at least it makes her laugh!
For dinner I BBQ some steaks. I'm so glad I decided to spend a little extra $$ on them. They were so yummy & tender! Boneless Rib eye. We also did corn on the cob & baked potatoes. For dessert we made a chocolate covered cherries cake. We saved the cake & headed out to visit our Dad's. We got home at 9:30 & quickly ate our cake & went to bed.
Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men out there!
Especially my Dad & husband. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful, hardworking & honest men in my life. I love them both dearly!

1 comment:
What a day! I love Savannahs card! I think they should fill one of those out every year. It would be fun to see how their answers changed.
Post a Comment