3 weeks ago Matthew starting showing signs of allergies. I have never had allergies and after watching him suffer these last few weeks I hope I never have them. I left the house @ 7:30 tonight. All was good. I returned at 8:30 to find Matthew like this.....
I just need to get into the allergy mindset. Like when the 20 acres behind us is being mowed, maybe it's not a good day to play out back & have a water balloon fight.
I gave him an adult dosage of benadryl (per Dr.'s orders). I considered just putting a straw in the bottle & letting him have a bedtime cocktail. Kinda like on "Hitch". Love that movie! So I tossed him in the tub, changed his pillowcase & put him to bed. I'm sure those cute, puffy eyes will be swollen shut come morning.
6 comments:
Ahhh! Poor baby! I know how he feels! I wake up sneezing EVERY morning! Yucky!
And I love that movie too! Thayne and I JUST watched it on Sat night! It's hillarious!
Ohh Matthew man! I feel so bad for him! That does not look fun at all! Thank heavens for Benadryl!
Yes Hitch is a great movie!
Benadryl is good, but Zyrtec seems to work better for major reactions like that. You can also do the allerclear from Costco, one every day, and it seems to really help. I hate seeing my kids all puffy and miserable, even if it is kinda cute. Good luck!
Oh my gosh... it makes me want to cry looking at that poor boy! I have never seen that kind of reaction before... I will never complain about sniffling or sneezing again! I hope he gets feeling better soon.
As an update he's going to the dr. this afternoon. I'm taking the camera to show her the pics. He has been taking Zyrtec every morning & night. He's taking the max on it & this is the second "episode". I feel so bad for him & really hope there's something she can prescribe so he won't have a miserable summer! 'cause how do you keep a 4 year old inside all summer long?!
That is the saddest thing I have ever seen!
Post a Comment