Friday, June 11, 2010

Preschool Graduation & Choir Performance

Yesterday morning was Matthew's last day of Preschool & his graduation.  Well, actually he'll be going there again in the fall.  So his graduation for this Preschool year.  He was so cute.  He tends to get really shy in big crowds & doesn't do much but observe others.

He should be singing but he's half
smiling instead

Here's the whole group of sailor's singing away

Afterwards I told him I wanted a picture of him on his special day & this is what I got (above)

Here he is getting his "Bow Wow WOW" award for friendship connections & increased self-reliance.  Yeah, I had to explain that award!

He & Krissy, one of his tutors. 

The Preschool kids get HS kids who are taking child development classes as their tutors.  They come in & give them one on one time every day.  His other tutor is David.  David is Matthew's favorite person!  I really wish he could have been there but he had to go to class (he does the earlier "shift").  Matthew tells me about David's clown costume, how David broke his arm, his great potato head creations, all the art they do & on and on.  He has really connected with David & I know he'll miss him.

And last night was Haley's last choir performance at Glenwood Primary.  I still can't get over them being in Middle School in the 5th grade.  It makes me very nervous for all the new language & behavior she'll get to observe & hear from the much older 8th graders - Ahhhhhh!

Anyway, she had a great choir performance & did a wonderful, energetic job of singing.

She's in a white t-shirt, second to top row in the middle

Haley & Mrs. Pierce, her choir teacher

I'm so proud of my kids!  I love going to these graduations/ceremonies & performances.  I absolutely love & adore my kids & am so grateful for each & every one of them!

1 comment:

The Hymas Clan said...

oh my goodness, Matthew is such a cute boy!!! I love/miss preschool graduations! And I have to agree with you on the whole middle school thing! They just seem to young!!! Good luck to you next yr! I am sure Haley will be fine!