Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Honey Barbecued Ribs

I'm so excited BBQ season his here!  Even though you wouldn't be able to tell by looking out the window today!  So I was thinking about all my favorite BBQ recipes.  Most often during summer I cook 5 out of 7 meals on the BBQ.  I know it's typically a guy thing but I'm a control freak & I like doing it.  Poor Judd has never really been given a chance.  Thank goodness he's secure enough in his manhood to not have to prove his grilling skills!  So I want to share my favorite recipe & I want you to share yours too!  Put 'em on your blog, email 'em to me, however.  Let's share, shall we.  After all, we all must eat, let's do it with a smile! 


Honey Barbecued Ribs

3 lbs. country-style pork ribs (bone-in or boneless)
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. honey
2 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke, optional
1 C. ketchup
1/4 C. spicy brown mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Place ribs in a large kettle or dutch oven (you may have to cut in half); sprinkle with garlic salt & pepper.  Add water & bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover & simmer for 1 1/2 - 2  hours (the original recipe says 1 hour but we want these so moist & tender that no knife is needed, right?!); drain.  If you got bone-in they should be already off the bone, if not remove & discard. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients.  Grill ribs, uncovered on aluminum, over med. heat for 10-12 minutes, basting with sauce & turning occasionally.  I love this sauce so I just smother them in it!

So as I'm typing this I just remembered that I do have a picture for you all.  I made them for Father's Day last year.  I hope you love them as much as my family does!!

Yummy!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yummers! I can't wait to try those! Thanks for sharing the recipe!