Friday, June 4, 2010

An attitude of gratitude

Grocery shopping is a toss up.  Sometimes it's horrible.  I'm constantly saying "No, I'm not buying that" & feeling guilty for being a mean mom.  Other times it's ok.  We go in, we go out, we go home.  Nothing huge to report on. 

So the boys & I went grocery shopping the other day.  Matthew's first request was for some gardening shoes from that silly little section of the store that always looks out of place (next to the crackers). No shoes.  But his second request was for beef jerky.  Yes you may have that. 

We keep walking. 

I put apples in the cart.  Luke starts clapping & says "yay apples".  You are welcome little man!  I then put pretzles in & again clapping "yay pretzles" he says.  Wow, you are very welcome! 

Matthew spots the sunglasses.  Luke had gotten a hold of his & broke them.  I knew it was only a matter of time before we found the perfect pair to purchase.  We found the perfect $4 pair.  Yes you may have those too.  Matthew was very happy! 

Keep walking. 

 When the yoguart landed in the cart Luke was clapping & yelling "yay yoguart" so loud I had to shush him.  He was very excited.  He even asked for a fist pound!

At this point I'm thinking this was one of those great trips to the store.  The kind of trips where you either wonder who's kids these really are or have a proud, hold your chest high, moment thinking you're doing something right.

We go to check out, all of us obviously in a good mood.  Matthew wants to put his stuff in a bag by himself.  Sure.  As he's grabbing his sunglasses & beef jerky he says "I'm the luckiest dude ever!" The lady bagging next to us was grinning from ear to ear.  And so was Matthew, and even Luke & of course I was too.

3 comments:

Jill said...

That is awesome! I can totally picture that whole exchange! Thanks for the smiles! I miss your kids!

Marsha said...

That sounds like the perfect trip to the store. I'm so jealous!

The Hymas Clan said...

That is an awesome grocery shopping trip!!! Your boys are fun!