We decided to be adventurous and on Saturday took my mom and dad and headed out of town. We wanted to go to the Newport Aquarium and thought we'd make a stop or two to and from. My mom spent many years as a child in Corvallis when her dad attended OSU. So that was our first stop. What a shock that the college town was so quiet on a Saturday morning!
Reser Stadium, home of the Beavers
Next we headed to Newport and went to the aquarium. We went two years ago and the kids were anxious to go again. The best part (to me) is the undersea adventure. It's a tunnel where sharks, fish and stingray swim all around, it was very cool.
After that we thought we'd hit the Tillamook Cheese Factory. What's a trip to the Oregon Coast without a stop at the cheese factory?! My mom and I are sad to report that they were all out of cheese curds (so sad!) but I did manage to find some smoked salmon and teriyaki sticks! And of course we all had to have some of their very yummy ice cream, even Luke. Although I think he thought his was too cold.
6 comments:
So much fun! We need to do a family outing soon!
We were just looking for something to do today, and now I think I'm sold on the cheese factory.
You did a lot in just one day! Way to pack in the family memories! Nice pictures, I love Lukes ice cream face.
Poor little Luke!!! He looked like he really wasnt sure about the ice cream!!! What fun pic's!!! Outings with the fam are the best!!!!
The aqaurium pics were so awesome!!! We love the Cheese Factory also, I am so jealous :)
We went to all those stops before we saw you a couple of summers ago! SOOOO Fun. We want to go back. One of the best vacations. The cheese factory is a MUST..the curds really are yummy but the ice cream is just as yummy! Corvallis is such a gorgeous city! I love it there. And we had fun at the aquarium as well. What a fun day! We need to do all that again.
Post a Comment