Thursday, March 19, 2009

Man's best friend

Meet Donut...........

he is Matthew's best dog pal. Matthew loves taking him places, dressing him, playing legos with him and simply being with him. So, last night as I was drying hair and Judd was playing with Luke Matthew found, in my craft room, a permanent marker - oh boy!
He colored Donut's belly and gave him a nice mole on his jowl. We only discovered this because he had marker on his hands and was more than willing to show us what he had done.

Here is Donut's belly (above)
And his Cindy Crawford mole (below)
All I said to Matthew was "Uh oh, that's not going to come off of Donut". He was instantly in tears. He cried, apologized to Donut and cried some more. Even after he was in bed I heard him crying and he told me that he just wanted to tell Donut he was sorry. I listened as he gave the most heartfelt apology to Donut (just like I'd love to hear after he terrorizes his sisters). Judd and I tried to convince him that Donut loved the picture he drew on his belly and that he wasn't upset or sad.

You can see that clearly Donut has forgiven Matthew and they are back to playing as usual today!

3 comments:

The Hymas Clan said...

What a cute little boy you have!!! That is a pretty funny story!!! Matthew is SO thoughtful!!!

The Lavenders said...

Poor little guy! That is a fantastic looking dog though. Seriously, everything Matthew did only enhanced Donut's natural beauty. I love that kid!

The Original TomKat said...

That is so cute! It's a good thing that Donut realizes that it's a beauty mark. What a good little friend!