Friday, November 14, 2008
Darn Huggies for making such comfy diapers!!!!!
Okay so no pics with this post (thankfully) but I have to share and laugh or else I will be so frustrated I will cry!! Matthew is sitting on the toilet with a full bladder and I say this with certainty because he drank a can of rootbeer about 40 minutes ago. I know bad mom for giving him pop, but the name of the game is drink a lot, pee a lot, right?!?! So he's on the toilet and I'm sitting on the stool across from him and the phone rings. I see it's my mom and I say "Matthew it's Grandma, go potty and we'll tell her what a big boy you are". As I'm answering it he says "Don't tell Grandma I'm naked!". That's the only funny part to this story! So I tell my mom (very encouragingly and happy and all that great positive stuff so he can hear) that Matthew's on the toilet getting ready to go potty like a big boy!! My mom says "Tell Matthew Grandma will get him a present if he goes potty on the toilet". So I hang up with her and tell him what Grandma says, and his reply is "What is it? Can I see it first?" To which I lost my patience and very sternly said "No you may not see it first, you go potty first and then you may see it." So needless to say he did not go potty and he and his iron bladder are now playing trucks in the family room. Right before I came down to the office I asked again if he needed to go potty and he said "I need to play trucks and get candy first" and again I reiterated that he needs to go potty before there will be any candy or presents! Ugggghhhhh!!! I better run before that can of pop transforms and ends up on my carpet!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know, even pull-ups are too absorbent to do any good. The best thing to do, once you know they can hold it, is to let them go nude! Tamsen would run around naked and then when she'd bring me a diaper because she needed to go potty, I'd set her on the toilet. You just have to be willing to clean up a couple of accidents, but usually a couple is all it will take. :)
PS. I hate potty-training. (Yes, I know hate is a strong word, that's why I used it) I'm so glad I'm done! :)
"Don't tell Grandma I'm naked" had me laughing so hard! That's funny!
Post a Comment