Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veteran's Day

On Monday Haley got to sing in the choir for the Veteran's Day Assembly at school. She was so excited! She has been practicing these songs since choir started back in September. Last year her friends joined choir and I think she always regretted not joining too, so when the opportunity came she literally jumped on it! This was such an important day for her that she asked for "curlies" in her hair (big deal!!) I need to figure out how to download video because that really shows her enthusiastic singing! We are so proud of her!!



Looking cute but getting bunny ears from a friend!
After the big performance!

These are my troopers who were with me. Ever since my Dad had surgery and can't drive himself places I get to pick him up and drag him along with me. He was very willing to come and to be honest I couldn't have gotten any video if he wouldn't have been with me. Matthew was so sure that he didn't need to sit still (even with my bribery tool - tic tac's) and Luke was hungry and tired. At one point I was taking video of Haley singing and holding Luke and realizing that it wasn't really working and I looked next to me and my Dad had this huge smirk on his face and said "you need help?". After it was all over my Dad & I were so glad we went to see Haley sing and honor the Vet's on Veteran's Day! We're very proud of the Veteran's we know! Thanks Ben and Brock!!


2 comments:

Erin Dooley said...

She is such a beautiful little girl. I love when the grandparents can come around and make things a little easier!

The Original TomKat said...

Curlies are definatley Veteran's Day worthy! How fun to have your dad with you to see her!