Totally ignore me if you need to.
*I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving. We are going nowhere, which sounds really good this year. My parents & brother are coming over to eat, visit, eat, play games & eat with us. When I asked Judd wanted he wanted for Thanksgiving he said he'd like ham instead of turkey. My initial reaction was no, you may not have ham, ham is for Christmas & turkey is for Thanksgiving. Then I thought, who really cares? So we are forgoing the tradition of turkey on Thanksgiving. I think my brother is the only sad traditionalist who will miss turkey. Sorry Jordan.
*I've been doing the annual "How can any more toys fit in this house come Christmas? clean-up". I have to keep telling myself that birthdays & Christmas will come every year for every child. We will never be without toys. I'm finally letting go of the kitchen. But I know it's going to a good home & a very happy little lady. I'm not expecting lots of toys.......I'm just sick of picking up the ones we already have. Less is more, right?!
*The girls are allowed to chew gum at school & I am considering buying a case at Costco. As Haley was grabbing another pack the other morning I asked what happened to the pack she just took days ago. She said that it's gone. Gone?! Aren't there like 20 pieces? Apparently you must always have gum in your mouth. So you get one first thing in the am, spit it out for PE, another after PE, spit it out for lunch, another after lunch, etc.... You get the point. I tried to let them know that it doesn't have to be that way. Apparently I am a naive old lady (when did this happen?!)
*Last night Matthew had a bday party at Chuck E. Cheese & Haley had a bday party at a friends house. I hate Chuck E. Cheese. It geeks me out to think of the kids playing games, sitting down eating pizza, playing games, coming back for cupcakes, playing games.....all the while no hand washing just community germs - Ahk! But I'm happy to report Matthew had a great time. It's still up in the air as to what we caught or passed around. Haley had a fantastic time at her chocolate themed party. They had chocolate fondue & watched Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Good times!
*I received a bill for a "surgery" for Matthew for $120. I was not happy. Let me rewind. I took him to the Dr. on the 11th, he was complaining of an ear ache. We had to see another Dr., ours wasn't working that day. Our Appt. was at 12:15. She said there was wax in his ear & had to remove some to see better. Sure, it's been done numerous times on each of my children, I consider it routine. Do what ya gotta do Doc. She got out a plastic thing & in 10 seconds had wax. Very good. She said there was still more but from what she could see it looked just fine. Okay, thank you very much. We went home. Left @ 2:45 to pick Savannah up from school. Matthew fell asleep on the way home & when we got back his eardrum had ruptured & was draining. I called the Dr. office. I was very polite, honestly. The Dr. called at 5:45 & said she called in meds for him, no need to see him. Again I was very polite, despite feeling frustrated. I know that medicine is not an exact science but an ear infection, is an ear infection. Dr.s should be able to catch that one. Fast forward to bill day. "Surgery"?! Now I was upset. Realizing again that it is not the business office's fault I was calm & polite. Bottom line. All along my Dr. should have been charging me lots of $$ to take wax out of ears. I got a $50 credit towards my bill. And I'm now looking at it as all those times were free, I just have to pay for the one ear wax removal!
*My craft room is a complete disaster! I think I will take off the closet doors & put a track system of shelving in the closet. I love the one I put in the toy closet. But they're spendy & take the whole day. But it needs to be done! I'm also thinking it would be helpful to take down the bowflex that never gets used. I just finished a super cute felt candy garland last night. I've been feeling very crafty lately. Maybe that's why my craft room looks like a tornado whipped through it. Speaking of crafts....my friend Jill & I started a craft blog last month. Since we are so far away we can't get together & be crafty so we are sharing our ideas through this blog. It's crafts, recipes, decorating, organizing. Eventually it will be all of that & more. We decided to share the blog with everyone. So take a peek. It's called The Paisley Plum
*I have started listening to Christmas music & I have no shame in saying so. Thank you XM/Sirius Channel 23. As much as I love Christmas music I find some of it funny. Maybe it's just this channel. On one hand there's weird music; the barking jingle bells & Dominick the Donkey (if you haven't heard that one you must!) And then there's people you haven't heard from in years or ever; Debbie Gibson & Ruben Studdard (who? Exactly). I think a wonderful Christmas tune can be performed by anyone, dogs, has been's & even never heard of's. I enjoy all. Actually that's not true. I really can't stand R&B versions like TLC's Christmas Time. No thank you ladies. But I will keep listening so I can hear IL Divo, Bing Crosby, Carpenter's & all the other greats. They wash out all the weird stuff. And no, I'm not forgetting Thanksgiving. I actually find that Christmas music makes me happy & grateful. How is that forgetting Thanksgiving?
*I could go on all morning but I need to be productive today. Happy Saturday everyone!
3 comments:
Happy Saturday. I am a traditionalist with Jordan. I like the turkey. : ) But as long as you have one real meat I guess it doesn't matter.
It is great that you have been so busy. No you are not out of touch with what is cool or not. Gum will be just a stage (hopefully . . . I think. I don't have kids but someone has to give you hope!)
Wow... Deep thoughts by Kara! lol...It was like I asked you how your day was and you unloaded! Truly I loved it! I heard the Dominique the Donkey song the other day and thought...What the? There are some crazy Christmas songs out there. Nathan is huge into gum right now too! Silly 6th graders! Thanks for sharing your ramblings.
I love it when you do posts like this! I have thought about it but have never done it, hmmmmm. Ok, so we are UBER excited to be purchasing the kitchen from you. I promise it will be VERY loved! So thank you in advance! Isaac is on a gum kick as well, only they cant have it at school yet - thank goodness!
The blog you and Jill are doing? I LOVE it! So again, thanks!!!
Post a Comment