Sunday, November 14, 2010

Anxiously engaged in a good cause!

That's what we're told to do right?  Be anxiously engaged in a good cause.  Well this weekend has been just that.  Friday night we went through the temple with Bob.  Judd baptized Bob last year & we were thrilled to join him for this wonderful experience.  He was grinning from ear to ear, he was so happy!  Judd & I then enjoyed our time together & went to Cheesecake factory for a very late dinner.

Saturday morning was the Worldwide Leadership Training meeting.  We thought it was from 8-9 but when we got there we learned it was from 8-10am.  It was nice to be able to sit with Judd & listen to the meeting, no fruit snacks involved.  A big thank you to our babysitter who was willing to come over at 7:30 am.  I told her to come in her PJ's. 

At 4 pm was Tessa's baptism.  Tessa is Jordan's girlfriend & we were again thrilled to join in a wonderful experience.  As part of the program they asked her to bear her testimony.  She talked a little about being an investigator & through visiting other churches coming to realize the spirit & truth that is felt/taught in our church.  It was a great testimony of the Savior & the gospel!  Unlike Friday night I remembered my camera - yay!

 Before the baptism

After the Baptism

 Haley, Adalyn, Savannah & Matthew

 Luke, Haley, Matthew & Harrison (enjoying a cookie!)

 Haley, Tessa & Savannah

Ok I don't know some of these missionaries names.....
Elder?, Jordan, Tessa, Dad, Mom, Elder Morse (he used to be in our ward), Sister Nef & Elder?

After the baptism we went to Spaghetti Factory (Tessa's favorite) for dinner.

And who doesn't love the Spaghetti Factory?!

What a wonderful & spiritually uplifting weekend it has been.  I don't think I've ever put on & taken off nylons so many times.  But I'm not complaining!

2 comments:

Jill said...

What a great weekend! I am glad everything went well! Cute pictures as always!

The Hymas Clan said...

Wow, what a fun/spiritual weekend your family had! Love it!