I mentioned a few posts back that we've been listening to Christmas music for a few weeks now, remember? So obvisously we randomly hum or sing these songs, whenever, wherever. We put up & decorated our tree yesterday & Matthew started singing:
"Now bring us some piggy pudding,now bring us some piggy pudding and bring it right now."
When Haley tried to tell him it was figgy pudding not piggy pudding he got upset & insisted it was piggy pudding. Sure, it's piggy pudding. Not worth the arguement.
Last Sunday as I was getting ready for church he came in my room & started singing:
"Flashing through the snow,in a one horse open sleigh,O'er the fields we go......."
Now that Christmas song I had to correct. I can't let him think that flashing in the snow or in any weather is ok. Enough laughs, honestly I did tell him it was dashing. I will not be explaining why, not now. But it got me thinking.....figgy & dashing. How often do we use these words? The poor kid is just filling in with words he's actually heard before. It all reminds me of Savannah's version of Feliz Navidad last year, Feliz Naughty Dog. It all cracks me up.
I think my kids should make a Christmas CD. It may not be PC or even appropriate but it will be a good conversation piece for your Christmas party.
1 comment:
As long as he's not singing "Jingle Balls" I wouldn't worry too much about it! I love reading about your kids. Your family sounds a lot like ours. =)
Post a Comment