So I should have had this post done last week, oh well. Alright on December 31st my siblings & families, parents & my family went to Mossyrock. Oh minus Dano & her family (come on the twins are only weeks old) We rented this fabulous house for 3 nights & had an even more fabulous time! We had one lunch that was just appetizers. Everyone made a favorite appetizer. Jordan made us all something from Chile that was potatoes & a spicy cheese sauce. Anyway lots of food & fun. The only downside (according to Judd & Adam) was there was no cell service. Yes folks that is how "in the sticks" it was & it was wonderful & beautiful!! So I'll explain as we go along........
The garage had a foosball table, ping pong table & air hockey table. Chelsea started these dance parties with the kids. They would blast music & dance & play. Love Aunt Chelsea & her entertaining ways! And of course Mom's Mama Mia soundtrack!
The highlight of the trip for me was this above. My mom brought with her these huge boxes & told us kids to pick one. Inside were these BEAUTIFUL quilts. She obviously spent hours & hours putting them together. The best part: A good majority of the fabric was from my grandma's closet. My Grandma for years did bazaars & always had an enormous amount of fabric. Because my Grandma has passed away this is a treasured quilt. They're all the same pattern just different squares & fabrics. I think we all sat around for the next 45 minutes or so admiring & comparing quilts. Thanks Mom - you're awesome!! Oh & the picture where I look like a cod fish with a bow on my head was a finer moment of mine. Judd took it & quickly proclaimed that it was going on the blog....whatever
With 9 adults & 8 children in one house we were going a little stir crazy! We ventured to a nearby fish hatchery. It was actually lots of fun. The kids got to feed the fish, see the new baby fish (sorry I'm not sure what the technical term is) & just get out & run around.I love my family ~ I'm glad they're mine!
3 comments:
What fun! I do indeed love the cod picture although it would have been more appropriately placed with the fish hatchery pics. lol! Those quilts are beautiful! That had to have taken a lot of work!
That looks like such a fun trip! I love blankets/quilts that have such special meaning! I have one from when I was a baby and I keep it tucked safely away, but get it out every once in a while just to feel and look at it. It makes me smile!!!
What a great New Year's. I would love to do that with my family! It seems like New Year's always ends up being pretty uneventful. But what great memories you made! And I'm so impressed with the quilts! Beautiful!
Post a Comment