Monday, December 20, 2010

Youth Snow Trip

We met at the church parking lot at 8 am & made our way to the land of snow in Carson, Wa.  It took us a while to get to our final destination.  One of our vehicles got stuck.  Ehhhh!  I promised I wouldn't take pictures of the unnamed stuck Suburban.  And no it was not mine.  So while we waited for the very competent men to do their thing & get the car out of the ditch, some of the kids played.

There were snowballs thrown & a retaining wall built (to keep the boys out) & even a burial of a poor YW.

 This is "J" & I LOVE that he wore a pink hat, truly!  I told him it says "I'm secure in my manhood."  He didn't want me to take a pic of him & after I did I got a snowball in the shoulder for it.

 These are the party poopers.  Yes girls that is what I called you!  It was too cold to venture outside, they said.

Here is "A" who jumped in the truck to get toasty warm.

We eventually made it to a BEAUTIFUL remote location with a fabulous hill to sled down.

Me, "B", "D" & "M"


A sled had been built by Bishop, the YM Pres. & one of the Priests.  It slid down that hill like it had been oiled up.  And this is how they looked at the end....like a bunch of white haired old men!

 Bishop after whipping down the hill.

 I love this pic & I love that "D" loved it too!

 To the right is the big hill & to the left is the tents, fire pit, lunch & a bucket with a toilet lid (so I was told)

It was gorgeous there & I couldn't help but snap off a few pictures of the surroundings.  It was especially beautiful once the sun came out.  The sky was really that blue.  I didn't "Dr." any of these pics.  Only because I don't really know how.






Yay for youth snow trips!  I'm looking forward to the one in February!

2 comments:

The Hymas Clan said...

What a good time that was!!! Yes, it was cold and we didnt get out of the truck, so what! Haha, the "torlet"!!!! Love it! You HAVE to email that pic of me you and our girls - so cute!
It was fun walking around with you taking pic's of the beautiful tree's! Good job blogging yours, I have been lazy!!!

Jill said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Great picture...thanks for sharing the beautiful scenery! Is it sad that I cried when I say all the beautiful trees!!!