This post is for my sister who says that people only blog about the fun/good/exciting things. Here ya go Danny, I hope you read this!
Matthew is sick with what must be the flu. Yay (said in a very monotone, sarcastic fashion). Last night we met Judd down at the Woodburn Outlets, about an hour south of home. We left the house at 4 & Matthew fell asleep on the way down. As we walked along he said he was tired & his tummy hurt. I thought it was only natural to not like being out at dinner/bed time & I agreed. We were in the North Face store looking for a nice warm coat for yours truly. I thought I had found the coat I wanted. When out of the blue Matthew throws up. It was all over Luke & the stroller. The next 3 rounds were spread across a few racks of $$ coats. I had the girls take Luke & we headed out of the store. Judd was the lucky one to let the employees know.
Judd brought the car to us & we attempted a clean up of sorts. We decided Judd would go to Carter's to buy him PJ's & after the cleanup I told him we'd drive him that way (this is a very long strip & we were at the very end). But first Judd wanted to know if while we were still here if I wanted that coat. Are you kidding?! Those people will shoot you if you go back in there. My thought..... we can come back on Saturday & have our choice of clearance/barfed on coats to pick from. So in the middle seat was Luke, Matthew & Haley, in that order. Right as we pull out of the parking spot he throws up again & Haley starts yelling "My white coat!" over & over. Not my face, not my hair, just my white coat. I park, Judd runs to Carter's & I assess the damage. Poor girl, her window was splattered. I tried to tell her I could wash her new (as of last week) white (tried to talk her out of that color) coat.
Judd comes back with PJ's & a set of bowls from a kitchen store. Smart, smart man!! We had new Pj's on & all the yucky clothing was placed nicely in a bag in the back of the car. Haley got to ride home with Judd mostly so I didn't have to hear her cry or yell & cover her ears if/when he threw up again. Did I mention yet that she has a severe fear of vomit? When Matthew first threw up Haley sprinted across the store with her hands over her ears. I only wish I was exaggerating! Ok, off we go! I think I made that drive in 50 minutes. Yes I did go 5 & sometimes 10 miles over the speed limit. I had rehearsed what I would tell the officer if I got pulled over. We managed to only have one "incident" on the way home. The best part was Luke. He kept saying "Matthew go like this...... Blahhhhhhh!" with his mouth wide open to demonstrate & give the full effect. Gotta love that kid!
The poor guy was up all throughout the night & consequently so was I. But I'm happy to report that Matthew has been vomit free for 10 hours now. But to make you feel better Danielle I am still in my pj's & glasses. I have no idea what is for dinner & lunch was corn chips. Tomorrow will be a better day, it has to be!
7 comments:
Love the story! Glad you wrote it and shared it with the blogging world! I love that Judd bought bowls and I love that Haley was so worried about her white coat! My white coat, my white coat...awesome!!! Poor Matthew, I am glad he is feeling better...let's hope it doesn't spread!
Oh, Kara, I'm so right there with you. What I've learned over the years, once one kid is sick (puking) send every kid to bed with a bowl. It seems to usually strike in the middle of the night, and I can't tell you how many times I've been puked on in my bed when they came to tell me they didn't feel well. So to bed with a bowl and the instructions to puke in the bowl, leave the bowl in their bed, and then come and tell me what happened. It usually works great. Unfortunately Brandon didn't send the kids to bed with a bowl last night and so we have a mattress to clean up today! =( Hope it cycles through your family (and mine) quickly!!
Since blogging is like journaling I think this should be shared. I'm so sorry you had to go through this though & I hope it exits your house quickly. Glad Judd thought to get those bowls & that you didn't get pulled over. Good luck & if you need anything, let me know. Thanks again for a fun craft night on Saturday.
That was a perfectly disastrous day:)I love your family:)
Oh my gosh! I was laughing at some of that, but poor Matthew and you! Haley cracks me up, funny girl! I heard it went through 3 of your kiddo's? Not 4? I hope you were able to not get it too!
That poor kiddo. I know it has been going through your house for a while, now. If you need anything, let me know! The boys and I went through that a few weeks ago, so I am glad to have it out of the way. The sucky thing about working in the health room at an elementary school is that I get all the yuckies the kids bring up, and then so do my boys. I hope you all start feeling better soon! LOVES!
Too funny. I can't believe I have never had a kid puke yet. I know I am sealing my fate by saying this but they seem to not throw up? Weird huh?
Post a Comment