Thursday, February 11, 2010

Disneyland

How do you decide what pics to put in a post?! From February 1st-6th we went to Disneyland. We took Judd's parents with us & we had a blast! Since the 1st was Haley's 10th Birthday we decided to have the room decorated for her when we got there. There were balloons, Mickey's footprints (as though he had come, decorated & left), a birthday banner & present full of goodies for her.

You can see Mickey's footprints on the ground


Her Mickey ears complete with her name stitched on the back

her box of goodies & Mickey plush doll

When I ordered this package they said everything was for us to take home. This Birthday banner is felt & everyone is super excited to get to use it for their Bdays at home.

The box had: Bday Mickey ears, a Mickey picture frame, a hidden Mickey's book, an autograph book already autographed by Mickey, a Bday button/pin, a Bday necklace & maybe a few other things, I can't remember.

She really loved the box! We took the whole thing home as a carry-on on the plane. She did however get tired of all the Birthday wishes all day long as she wore the ears & buttons. I know that may sound strange but everyone would stop & wish her Happy Birthday, ask her how old she was, if this was her first trip here, what her favorite ride was & so on. And not just cast members. On the 3rd day I asked if she was going to wear her ears again, she said no. I think she got tired of being so polite to everyone.

We stayed at the Disneyland hotel & by luck got one of the new remodeled rooms. It was awesome. The headboard was crazy. You pushed a button on the lamp & music came on (just for 10 seconds) & the whole headboard would light up with stars & fireworks. It was really pretty & convenient - we used it as a night light. The whole room had Mickey's everywhere: the tile in the shower, carpet, the knobs of the facet were Mickey heads, the shampoos had Mickey head caps & the lamps in the bathroom were held up by a white Mickey glove. He even called to wake us up!

Monday -Thursday the weather was fabulous, couldn't have been better. High 60's & blue skies. Friday came & it was rainy & wet, just like home. We put on our ponchos & tried to be troopers. But of course after 4 days in the parks already we were all a little pooped out. We did a few rides, drove to Knott's Berry Farm for lunch came back to the park for a few more rides then called it a day.

Here's the giant Mickey outside the hotel

Love the Mickey balloons

Judd wearing Luke's sunglasses

George wearing Savannah's Mickey ears

Toy Story Mania is one of our families favorite rides.

Love the eyes behind the glasses - sheer joy!

Matthew & Gloria on the Winnie the Pooh ride


Savannah & George up for another Toy Story Mania ride

Matthew & Savannah were such troopers, they loved Space Mountain & Splash Mountain. Which made Judd giddy happy! Matthew's only request was that I hold on to him. I should really scan in the photo we bought of us going down the drop, it's hilarious.

George & Matthew on Small World


So the next few are with characters. I had to choose wisely since I had at least 20 pics with characters. As you can see from some, Luke was not okay with these strange people/animals.

Matthew's favorite movie is Aladdin. He was so excited & nervous for this picture




Where else can you sing & dance in the streets as you walk along (oh yes I did!), wear Mickey attire & not be laughed at (unless you're funny looking anyway), Walk around looking as though you peed your pants (from a water ride) & no one cares or questions?! No where else folks! We saw the Aladdin show (a must), ate at Rainforest Cafe & ESPN Zone, had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen (another must) & enjoyed pineapple whip in the Tikki Room. We always have such a great time there that we decided to become members of DVC (Disney Vacation Club) & I'm currently planning our next trip for this fall!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds like a GREAT trip! One the kids will definitely remember! Love all the pictures! I love Luke's face with the characters! The rooms look amazing!!!

Brenna said...

Haley has a blog? I want to see it! brennapriebe@yahoo.com

The Hymas Clan said...

Okay, now I want to go even MORE than I did before!!!! What a fun trip! Cute, cute, cute pic's too!!!

Haley said...

I have to say that was really fun and I can't wait for October to come up! Thanks for taking me to Disneyland for my birthday! You rock!!!

Bryn said...

What a fun trip. You want to hear something crazy. We were there on the 5th (rain and all). It would have been fun to meet up. We went with Joel's dad. Anyway... thought that was crazy.

Giles Fam said...

Hey Kara--we are going to Disneyland next month...so I especially loved this post! Looked like you guys had a blast--let me know if you have any suggestions for us. THanks! ~lauren