July 25-29 Judd & I were in San Francisco. I have never been there so I was really excited about the trip. Now that I have come & gone I would love to go back! It's such a great city, so much to do & the icing on the cake was the weather.
Monday we flew out & arrived safe & sound with much wind & bright blue sunny skies. We stayed on Nob Hill at the Fairmont which was a beautiful hotel.
Our view
We dropped of our stuff then headed out to pound the pavement.
China town was only a few (but very steep) blocks away.
After exploring china town for a little bit we headed back to the hotel in time for our dinner then went back out for a little after dinner.
A church just a block away.
Tuesday we met up with Marilyn. A little background...Marilyn is Judd's client & has been for 7 years. Her husband past away at the beginning of the year. They used to come to San Francisco often to visit & she's been wanting to go back but didn't want to go by herself. So when she found out we were going she booked her flight & hotel (after close examination of ours) & asked if we could spend some time with her while we were there. She's a sweet lady & has really attached herself to Judd & I. She has no siblings & never had children. She is literally all alone besides friends. Her hotel was just a few blocks away so we walked over to get her then we all walked to the Embarcadero where we boarded a ferry boat to go to Sausilito.
I know this place is a tourist trap but it was so beautiful I couldn't help but be an ignorant tourist! In the pic above you can see how at the curve in the road it just drops off to the water & you get a gorgeous view of San Francisco.
We roamed around window shopping & just shopping. We had lunch at Poggio's which was Bob & Marilyn's favorite place to eat in Sausilito. It was yummy!
I can't remember the name of this island but the homes start around 5 million (we were told by many of the locals). Such a good deal that we bought two. I'm teasing, of course.
After hours of fun we boarded the ferry to go back. The pic above is of Sausilito. I was just in awe at the fog. It was just sitting there, so pretty!
That night we got all pretty & were bused to City Hall where we had dinner.
Honestly one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen. And this is inside.
After dinner we walked across the street to the opera house. It was kind of a recognition/entertainment thing.
They brought out Dean Winters who plays Meyham from the Allstate commercials. They gave us a preview of his new commercials. So funny!
We knew there would be a musical performance but every year they keep it a secret so everyone spends the first few days trying to figure it out. This year was...
Carrie Underwood
She would talk in between songs & ramble, so much that her band would just start playing over her when they thought she should be done. Such a sweet girl & a great singer. Not to mention that she is GORGEOUS!
One more just because
No comments:
Post a Comment